10 Easy Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Vacuum Regularly. Proper maintenance is the best advice for keeping a clean carpet.
- Keep a rag/towel by the door. This can be used to wipe pet’s paws and other messes brought in from the outside.
- Blot. Do not rub the carpet. Rubbing may damage the fibers as well as set the stain in further into the carpet.
- Keep a doormat or rug by the door.
- Keep slippers for guests. House slippers are a good way to keep shoes and dirt away from your clean carpets.
- Put a damp rag with a heavy object on the stain over night. Some stains may come back after treating because they go so deep into the pad. Using a heavy object will help absorb as much of the stain as possible into the rag instead of your carpet pad.
- Act quickly. The faster you can get to the problem spot, the less likely it will become a long-term problem. Using warm water and a damp towel will take care of most fresh spills.
- Use light cleaning products. Try not to use heavy cleaning products that can damage your carpet.
- Never use high heat to treat a stain. If you do not know the proper techniques and chemicals to get rid of the stain, using heat improperly can set the stain permanently by dying the fibers of the carpet.
- Call a professional carpet cleaner. Doing regular, deep cleanings will increase the life of your carpet and make cleaning easier for you as well. A regular steam cleaning is recommended about once every 6 months.
It is important to keep you carpets clean as it can effect your health in the long run. Carpeting can actually improve indoor air quality, if properly cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. This is because your carpet is much more than a soft floor covering. It is the largest air filter in your home. Carpet catches and holds soil, allergens, bacteria, pollens, dust mites, chemicals and other contaminants that would otherwise become airborne. The average American can spend up to 90% of their time indoors. Each time you walk into your home or office, you bring in pollutants of all kinds such as fertilizer from lawns or gardens, animal feces from dog parks or sidewalks and bacteria from public restroom floors. Now, can you imagine your child or grandchild crawling across that very same carpet, putting their hands in their mouth or eyes? This is just one more reason to have your carpets regularly cleaned, whether they look dirty or not!
Like Our Facebook Page For More Tips!
Bridge Town Carpet Cleaning
Also visit the site for more info