cleaning tips and tools

4 Quick and Easy Steps to Deal With Mold on a Bathroom Ceiling

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr

If you are becoming constantly affected by a re-occurring fungus problem on your restroom ceiling, this article will shed a lot of light on the simplest methods to deal with it quickly. If you are really attempting to remove mold rather than simply seeking to hide it, you need to get rid of the black mold prior to removal in order to be effective. If the area is completely damaged beyond cleaning, then you may actually have to replace the impacted surface in order to completely remove it.

Before you attempt to clean mold on a bathroom ceiling surface, you should assess the dimensions of the damaged areas and be particularly certain you can handle it yourself.

Generally speaking, any area below roughly ten square feet may be considered as a little issue and is usually doable by even the modestly handy individual when the proper procedures are followed. If the area is much larger than that, you then might want to seek advice from professional assistance if replacement becomes necessary.

The safety gear listed below is the minimal which will be required to clean black mold from any surface to ensure the protection of your personal health.

  • Ventilated goggles to keep the airborne spores out of your eyes
  • Heavy rubberized work gloves to protect your skin
  • 3M N-95 face mask to cover your nose and mouth
  • Lengthy jeans and sleeves to shield skin from getting exposed to the toxic mold

1. Before starting the mold cleaning process, there are a few steps you need to take upfront. Utilize plastic-type material to shut off air vents so spores cannot travel to other parts of the home (particularly if you have a return in-take close by). Open any windows in the space and stick a fan exhausting towards the outdoors. The prior step will certainly provide you with fresh air also by spitting out the flying spores outside where they should be.

2. Clean the mold on the bathroom ceiling using a homemade solution of moderate detergent and warm water which can either be sprayed or rubbed on with an old rag or shirt. Always remember to allow the region dry completely afterwards. Bleach has not been proven to destroy mold because it simply reverts to water very quickly. I suggest utilizing a blend of 100% pure white distilled vinegar and spraying the spot vigorously and permitting it to absorb for a minimum of 20 minutes. Allow this solution to become dry thoroughly as well.

3. After you really have cleansed and destroyed the”>mold on bathroom ceiling effectively it could be a wise move to utilize a mold preventive compound such as Borax. When you utilize borax simply blend it with tepid to warm water and squirt it on. Don’t wash it off because it will leave a defensive boundary that is going to help stop black mold from re-occurring.

4. Another idea you may wish to implement inside of your bathroom is the addition of an exhaust fan. If you do not currently have on in your bath area then you will always need to open up windows and or doors to help alleviate the excess moisture from the area thereby reducing your bathroom mold problems significantly. Unless you have specific experience in electrical installation, this should definitely be a job handled by a professional electrician. Hopefully these ideas and steps will help you to handle the recurring problem of mold that grows on our bathroom ceilings

D. Weaver is a home improvement Handyman in Jacksonville, FL that use his many years in the construction industry to help the average homeowner with everyday problems. As the owner of a home repair and construction business he has seen first hand the damages that can be inflicted by hammer wielding homeowner when not equipped with correct knowledge.

To find more information dealing with mold removal and remediation, simply head on over to his”>Black Mold Removal site and have a look around.

Just using a few a these handy, free tips available there can save you thousands of dollars if you should happen to find out you have a bit of mold in your home.

Comments are closed.